Wednesday, June 26, 2013

New Circuits

The last H Bridge I blogged about didn't work at all. I made a new one that I believe will work now. The reason I say this is because in my last H Bridge, I left the MOSFETs floating (I forgot to ground the gates) which was a big mistake and I accidentally switched source and drain. In the top two MOSFETs, drain should be connected to 12V+ and source feeds to the motors. In the bottom two, drain is connected to the motors and source to ground. This is the way it should be. I had completely backwards. Oops. So here is the new H Bridge:


As you can see I also lost the inverter because since the gates will receive a PWM signal, the MOSFETs that I want to be open will be rapidly closing and opening unless the duty cycle is 100% or 0%. That means I need two signal wires; I can't use one. This H Bridge will be tested soon. Also, I put all of the solenoid controllers on a perfboard and those have been tested and work well.


I will get to testing the H Bridge soon and post results.

Update: The motor worked slowly for a couple seconds and then stopped. Currently figuring out why it stopped. No sparks or signs of broken components/short circuits. This is the only H Bridge I made that actually worked so far. I consider this progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment